Thursday, October 29, 2009

What happened to yesterday??

What happened? To yesterday??

Just yesterday my Mo-Jo looked like this....



But, today he looks like this...


What happened??

I was asked almost a zillion times- "Won't it be hard giving him up"? I figured it would be, but how hard it would be- I didn't want to think about...as long as I keep focused on the fact that my Mosier will help improve someone's life- that's what counts.
But, then I got the word- Mosier is to be returned to KSDS on October 31st- in two days.
The suppressed emotions are starting to leak through, and I am realizing that it will be harder than I thought it would be, to hand over the leash.

I put over a years worth of love and work into Mosier, and after Saturday I won't hear anything about how he's doing or what career he will pursue- for over 6 months.

I don't regret the experience, and I would do it all over again...the potty training, the times when Mosier didn't want to listen, the hours of playing, the many people we've met and the places we've gone together.

Mosier is ready to continue his training and I look forward to seeing what happens. :)

4 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Oh, that makes me cry - we love you Mosier!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Infrequent Flyers said...

Wow, that's so hard! I'm the same way--I haven't given too much thought to how difficult it will be to turn Cabana in. But you know, I think that's how it should be. You've been busy doing what needed to be done all this time. It wouldn't be any benefit to feel the sorrow of giving Mosier up months and months in advance. Not getting any news for 6 months will be tough, though. But do they really not give you any updates? Why for such a long time???

Skoozot said...

Many hugs for you. I know that "empty leash" syndrome is very hard... but be patient. Hopefully, you will soon have a new pup to raise, and in a few months, you'll hear more about how Mosier if doing... passing his medical exams for eyes, hips, shoulders & elbows... and going on to advanced training from there. I was privileged to see Mosier yesterday at Graduation, before he was turned in... what a beautiful boy! And his manners were quite impeccable. If all goes well, he will become a wonderful assistance dog. You took that fluffy little golden bundle of fuzz, and brought out the best in him. He's magnificent! Good luck to Mosier. And hugs to you from me, and wags from Clay. I took some pix of Mosier yesterday; if you'd like some copies, let me know.

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

He is/was such a cute puppy!!