Thursday, September 20, 2007

In the beginning-

Was God, and a long time later, God created me...then 20 years later He created a pup for me to raise!
I've always loved animals, and helping others...so, one day I looked online for a way that I could work with animals, and help others- simultaneously.
Then, I stumbled upon KSDS (http://www.ksds.org/)...
'Course, that was about 1.5 years ago, but I never lost interest...mainly due to such friends of mine as Lisa and Sarah.
SO.........I will be meeting with my Vet (to get a reference letter) on Saturday, and assuming I qualify, it looks like I'll be raising a future assistance pup come sometime in 2008.

I hope to keep a journal (though, I'm not very good at doing such things) on here, to report the journey I'm looking forward to embarking upon, with the Lord's help! :)

4 comments:

Sarah and Romeo said...

Yay! Mirium has a blog. KSDS is awesome and you will love being a puppy raiser!

Lisa and pups said...

YAY - I found it!!!!! I second what Sarah said! You will be a great puppy raiser and will fall in love with it just like Sarah and I have! KSDS is one of the awesomest assistance dog schools around!

Ally and Eclipse said...

welcome to the blogging world! I'm Ally, and I'm currently awaiting my reference letters so I can apply to KSDS *grin* I was a raiser for GDB (Guide Dogs for the Blind) for three years but only raised one pup and am now really looking forward to raising a 2008 PIT for KSDS!

Erin said...

Hi welcome to the USA's biggeset puppy raiser support group! LOL
My name is Erin and I am raising my second puppy for the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind.
She's a Female Black Lab named Rei who is almost 13 months old, and will be going back for IFT in a few weeks.
So well look forward to hearing more about your experiance!!!
You are in for a time you will never forget!!!